Language Modeling for Natural Language Processing
Lecturer: Youssef Oualil
Location: Seminarraum (Seminar Room) C7.2
Time: Block Seminar in August/September 2017
Registration: Due to the high number of students who already registered for this seminar. The registration is now closed.
Please notice that we have a limited number of slots for this seminar. Students who could not be on the main list will be move to the waiting list. This decision is based on the registrations date/time order.
Course Summary: In this seminar, we will review and discuss language modeling with a particular focus on its application to natural language processing tasks.
Seminar Format and Grading: Each of the participants will be assigned a paper or a book chapter (based on his/her preferences) that he/she needs to study and present to the rest of the group for a 50% of the grade. The remaining 50% is evaluated based on the final report following the seminar.
09:00 - 10:00: Topic 18 (Natalia Skachkova)
10:00 - 11:00: Topic 5 (Badr Abdullah)
11:00 - 12:00: Topic 6 (Muhammad Ali)
1 Hour Break
13:00 - 14:00: Topic 1 (Margarita Ryzhova)
14:00 - 15:00: Topic 12 (Maksym Andriushchenko)
15:00 - 16:00: Topic 22 (Sarah McLeod)
09:00 - 10:00: Topic 3 (Nima Nabizadeh)
10:00 - 11:00: Topic 17 (Maximilian Wolf)
11:00 - 12:00: Topic 8 (Ali Adib Abbas)
1 Hour Break
13:00 - 14:00: Topic 13 (Sourav Dey)
14:00 - 15:00: Topic 14 (Harshita Jhavar)
15:00 - 16:00: Topic 7 (Eleni Metheniti)
1) Sequence to Sequence Learning with Neural Networks (Margarita Ryzhova)
3) Broad Context Language Modeling as Reading Comprehension (Nima Nabizadeh)
5) Character-Word LSTM Language Models (Badr Abdullah)
8) Improving Lexical Embeddings with Semantic Knowledge (Ali Adib Abbas)
12) Learning Longer Memory in Recurrent Neural Networks (Maksym Andriushchenko)
14) Recurrent Conditional Random Field for Language Understanding (Harshita Jhavar)
17) Cross-Lingual Projection for Class-based Language Models (Maximilian Wolf)
18) Semantic Spaces for Improving Language Modeling (Natalia Skachkova)
For more information, please send an email to email@example.com. Please include the course tag "[LM-NLP]" in all emails related to this course.